This is to my 20th birthday. A bye bye to my teen age.
Of course it isn't easy to summarize one's life in just 20 short paragraphs but here is an attempt.
7th Sept 1987:
4 am: An earth quake.
8am: I was born.
7th Sept is the 250th day of a year. The digits add up to 7, 2+5+0=7.
There are 115 days remaining. Which also adds up to 7, 1+1+5=7.
1987, 1+9+8+7=25; 25, 2+5=7.
Just saying that all this couldn't be coincidence.
1988:
Someone else must have been born, but who cares?
1989:
I had pneumonia and it is because of this I am today the way I am: slim.
1990:
I started school. I was just two and a half years.
My mom gave birth to a second child and the first thing I said to him -
"Would you like to play football with me?" - child prodigy.
1991:
I must have celebrated my 4th birthday.
1992:
My p***s got entangled with my zip for the first time.
1993:
Fell in love (for the first time).
1994:
Aishwarya won the miss world title.
1995:
Had been nicked GB (gaon bura) by a teacher; meaning the aged head of the village.
The reason: Had no teeth left for chewing because of excess love for candies.
1996:
Another first love; a tuition partner. I knew I would fall in a thousand first loves but promised never to forget her (have never forgotten any of my first love till date).
Ran out of the hostel premises. The hostel warden had threatened that on the next Sunday he would call any one of us and ask to recite the multiple table till 20, failing so the person would be stripped in front of the whole hostel. He also gave a demonstration. I am sure the volunteer still remembers that horrible day, we all do. Because of me running out of the campus everyone was saved (hero).
1997:
Found 100 bucks lying on the road, happiest of times.
1998:
A change in school, was very elated for that reason, always doubted if I might have to do my whole schooling from the same school.
In the new school: managed to pass just 4 courses out of 7 (46%).
1999:
Scored 49/50 in computer science after being thrashed by the teacher for not being able to answer a question (one of the toughest won challenges till date). Here started the phase of academic excellence.
2000:
Another first love. Thought this was serious. Invaded (secretly) the school office for her number. Innumerable missed calls during vacations. Yet she never found out it was me (genius).
2001:
Got eliminated in the TT semi finals.
Read Who Moved My Cheese? It said never to delay on anything because time never waits. It had a great impact on me. Went on to propose my third first love. Called her on a wonderful Sunday morning. Asked how she was doing. She said fine. And I hung up feeling very satisfied.
2002:
Got eliminated in the TT semi finals (again).
Wrongly accused for stealing the mathematics paper.
2003:
Got eliminated in the TT semi finals (yet again).
Threatened to be thrown out of the school.
The reason: Supposedly watching adult movie on Saraswati puja day.
2004:
(Somehow) reached the TT finals.
Our hostel room thoroughly searched: 3 beer bottles and 1 empty whisky bottle discovered.
Threatened to be thrown out of the school (again). Evaded the rustication.
2005:
Cleared JEE. Got ragged (assaulted). Had to strip partially. Endured a pen being driven in my ass. Another first love. Felt lost.
2006:
Innumerable calls from my faculty adviser.
Tried understanding myself. Felt more lost.
2007:
Celebrating my 20th birthday and still feeling young.
Any resolution?
None.
At my 20,
Still searching for first love.
No idea who I am and not interested to find out either.
Thank you all for being there in my life.
Ask your friends who you are and every one will say ,"Just another awesome guy." Is time line mein near future mein ek IAS success story hogi.
ReplyDeleteAwesome Moli !! Reading your post was fun and something very new in style. How do you remember so much ...
ReplyDelete:D
ReplyDeleteWhat distinguises you from others is that.....u are very innovative, no matter what you do !
ReplyDelete